Responding to a Motion

If you have have been served with a Notice of Motion (Form 6) or a Notice of Preliminary Motion (Form 7) by another party, you can respond to the motion by any or all of the following means:

Please refer to rule 9.5 and rule 9.6 for more information.

For more information on preparing an Affidavit, please consult Evidence.

Prepare Your Statement of Position 


Even if you do not prepare an Affidavit to oppose the motion, you should  prepare a Statement of Position (Form 14), which sets out your version of the facts and issues and your position with respect to these issues. The Registrar returns a filed copy to all parties. See rule 10.2.  You will have to file your Statement of Position within the time fixed by the hearing panel.

File Your Forms

If you have completed an Affidavit or a Statement of Position, you must send them to the Registrar of the Tribunal for filing by one of the means set out in rule 2.2.